Leti Arts is an interactive media studio with offices in Ghana and Kenya, which develops cross-platform interactive media products based on African history and folklore, including digital comics and mobile games. Our current in-house focus is on Africa’s Legends, a superhero series influenced by folklore and historic legends from across Africa. Leti Arts reimagines African folklore and historic legends, interspersed with fictional characters, as elite superheroes fighting crime in present day Africa.
To bring rich African stories to a worldwide audience, through comic and game franchises influenced by African folklore.
To leverage African talent to develop high, quality and interactive media games, comics and mobile apps for in-house and third party projects. The new vision still encompasses games, comics and interactive apps but additional includes, animated series, feature films, merchandise and theme parks, through partnerships and licensing of our intellectual property rights.
We have a commitment to the following core values:
- Local Talent: Although we target audience is worldwide, we strive to utilize local talent, to ensure we create world class content from Africa for the world.
- Industry Growth: At Leti Arts we recognize we are not building a company but a whole industry and we strive to ensure our growth is tied into growth in the whole entertainment ecosystem.
- Internships / Training: Our co-founders are self-taught, game developers and are committed to encouraging the next generation of budding talent to strive for excellence by imparting the knowledge of our team.
Social Media Community Manager
As we embark on the development of Africa’s Legend’s our flagship game, we are looking for a Social Media Community Manager to raise our profile and identify and increase engagement with people interested in our work. We will also count on this person to distill insights from social channels to help guide the development of our impending Kickstarter campaign and the game itself. Successful candidates will love games, gamers, and African history and folklore.
- Manage Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Understanding of the best practices of crowdfunding campaigns across platforms in a plus.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Interested applicants should send an email to info [at] letigames.com with a current CV and subject line:
“Applicant Name: Social Media Community Manager”